de Sarthe Gallery is seeking highly motivated interns at its new gallery space in Wong Chuk Hang. The interns will have an opportunity to play a significant role in the early stages of planning exhibitions and fairs as well as the opportunity to work with leading artists. Candidates must be well organised, dynamic, detail-oriented, passionate, and exercise a professional decorum with discreet and sound judgment.
- Serve as the gallery's main point of contact (handle phone calls, greet visitors, answer enquiries)
- Manage daily operations of the gallery
- Fulfill gallery administrative tasks
- Assist the gallery director as assigned
- Contribute to the writing, editing and translating of exhibition and materials
- Help plan and organise the upcoming Exhibitions
- Current university student in the Art History, Visual Arts, Culture, and any other similar fields is preferable
- Highly proficient in English, Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in art, self motivated, well-organised and able to work independently
- Computer efficiency (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite would be an advantage
- The interns must commit at least 4 days a week (Tuesday - Friday) and must be able to work on Saturdays if neccessary
Please submit your résumé to [email protected] with the title “Gallery Internship” in the subject line. Please include your detailed daily availability, potential start date, and a writing sample.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only and will be destroyed within 2 months.