We’re a busy international contemporary art gallery with locations in New York, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are seeking a full-time art sales consultant in Singapore location branch but will interact with and may train at our other international branches.
We are seeking a responsible, highly motivated and positive individual to join our team who will approach the job with sales experience, enthusiasm, an avid willingness to learn and the utmost discretion.
Reporting to the Gallery Director, the Art Consultant is responsible for developing sales strategies and targets; and, collaborating with the entire sales team to meet the revenue goals.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Gallery Director to transform market intelligence into sales opportunities.
- Increase revenue by a percentage over the prior year to be determined by the President and Finance Director.
- Attend gallery and museum exhibitions to increase visibility in the art world.
- Liaise with artists on select exhibitions, as determined by the Gallery Director.
- Curate select exhibitions, as determined by the Gallery Director.
- Ensure all visitors to the gallery have a good experience—by maintaining the reception area, providing accurate price lists and artist information, giving gallery tours and generally creating a welcoming environment.
- Maintain an affiliate network of advisors to generate referral income.
- Work closely with the Director and Gallery team to plan, organize and install art fair booths in specific markets.
- Develop tailored and targeted offers to various client segments based on history, preferences and price.
- Ensure timely follow up with clients after exhibitions and art fairs.
- Respond to email inquiries and inquiries through 3rd party sales channels such as Ocula and Artsy.
- Thorough knowledge and appreciation for the artists in the program;
- Self-discipline and managerial skills
- Inspires teamwork and cooperation
- Can articulate goals and work strategically
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills;
- Can translate strategic options into projected financial outcomes;
- Creative problem solving;
- Consistency and reliability;
- Remains calm and steady in a fast-changing environment.
- BA and/or MA in Art History. 5+ years as a specialist or salesperson in the commercial art world.
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, ArtBase.
- Able to work at the gallery on weekends and at after-hour events.
- Able to travel to international art fairs.
TO APPLY: Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter, with ART CONSULTANT in the subject line, to [email protected]