After the summer break, HKAGA is now back with an exciting series of art activities. The first art talk of our fall season features guest speaker, museum-trained conservator, Ms. Paola Dindo. Based in Hong Kong since 1990, Ms. Dindo is a painting and sculpture conservator working across the Asia region.
An expert in modern and contemporary Chinese and international art, Ms. Dindo will give a lecture on conservation of artworks. Opening with an introduction to the history of colour pigments, the nature, provenance and how pigments have been used in history, the lecture will focus on the analyses of conservation techniques of paintings and paper work, and the impact of RH (relative humidity) and T (temperature) on works of art. To conclude, Ms. Dindo will be available for a Q&A session.
- EVENT: Lecture by Conservator, Ms. Paola Dindo
- TOPIC: Color Pigments: A Brief History. Conservation of paintings and paper. The impact of RH (Relative Humidity) and T (temperature) on works of art.
- DATE: Wednesday, 24 September, 2014
- TIME: Cocktails 6:30pm | Talk 7pm
- VENUE: de Sarthe Gallery, 8/F Club Lusitano, 16 Ice House Street, Hong Kong
- RSVP: email@example.com | Tel: 3480-5051
*This event is only open to members*