Who we are…
Founded in 2012, the Hong Kong Art Gallery Association is a member-based non-profit organisation of established art galleries in Hong Kong.
With over 40 art galleries as members, our mission is to advance the Hong Kong art gallery community by providing one voice to its members, reaching out to the local and international art community, and helping deepen market knowledge and best practices amongst its members.
WHO WE SERVE…
- Collector engagement and expansion
- Senior and junior staff networking and professional development
- Business development opportunities and profitability
- Art and cultural management students’ education on primary art market
- Profit and Non-Profit cultural community and local Artists advancement
- General public art awareness (including families and children)
WHAT WE DO…
Increased communication and information dissemination to the public and targeted audiences through a mix of print, online and social media channels.
An annual event calendar focused on a regular talk & workshop programme as well as key highlight annual events tailored to a range of audiences.
Development of strategic partnerships with the cultural community in Hong Kong as well as fundraising for local artists and local charities.
Hong Kong Art Gallery Association Vision and Objectives
Through its annual communication and events programme, the Association’s primary objectives are to:
- Increase the understanding and appreciation of the primary market and the galleries’ crucial role in Hong Kong’s cultural ecology and promote their standing in making Hong Kong one of the most dynamic art centres in the world
- Further best practices and the professional and business development of its members
- Enrich Hong Kong’s cultural ecology and contribute to the local community in partnership with other cultural and non-profit institutions