Established in Hong Kong in 2011, 3812 Gallery is recognised as the city's foremost gallery dealing in Chinese contemporary art. Launching 3812 Gallery firmly onto the international stage, in 2018 we opened the new flagship space, 3812 Gallery London, in the exclusive St James's arts district.
3812 Gallery is dedicated to fostering cultural understanding of Chinese contemporary art with "Eastern Origin and Contemporary Expression". We strive for establishing international dialogue and exchanges by uniting artists, academics, collectors and the general public through our thoughtfully curated art programme. We believe that this sharing of cultural identity is essential in the understanding and appreciation of Chinese contemporary art.
We are currently looking for an intern to join the Hong Kong team.
Communications Manager / Executive
- Write/edit/translate/proofread communications materials, including but not limited to press releases, E-newsletters, website and social media posts and catalogue essays.
- Create and supervise content calendars, liaise with external parties (artists, consultants etc.) and the internal team across regions, and review the performance with the team regularly.
- Build and maintain media relations, prepare media-kits and coordinate interviews and shooting, organise press conferences, media previews and press trips, handle media enquiries and prepare coverage reports.
- Assist in digital initiatives such as webinar, live-streaming, online art fairs etc.
- Assist to prepare partnership proposals/presentation slides and follow up with partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Translation/Cultural Management or art related is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin is essential.
- 1-3 years experiences in the luxury/art industry or in a similar role.
- Experience of social media, digital engagement and development an advantage.
- Proficient with MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Passionate for arts and culture.
- A good team player who is well-organised, result-oriented, self-motivated, attentive to detail and able to work under pressure.
- Able to represent 3812 Gallery with both media and visiting clients in a professional manner.
- Willing to perform ad hoc duties as required.
If you are interested, please send your full resume (writing samples are welcome but not required), expected salary and availability to [email protected].
Visit www.3812gallery.com for more information.
*Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.