de Sarthe Gallery Hong Kong seeks a Full-time Communications Officer. The ideal candidate should have 4-5 years of press/PR experience within arts communication, with a strong working knowledge of key press and outlets. The candidate will be based in Hong Kong, but will work in conjunction with gallery teams in Beijing and the USA.
- Create and execute media plans for gallery exhibitions and special projects
- Organise press previews/walk-throughs for in-house exhibitions and other select events (ie, getting press to attend and/or cover public talks)
- Connect with press teams at selected institutions on artists’ solo and group shows
- Oversee external press image requests and reporting
- Pro-actively garner press through targeted outreach
- Compose and distribute press recaps and occasional news alerts internally to staff
- Prepare press material including artist bios, press releases, etc.
- Maintain the gallery and artists press archives
- Scan, format, file, and distribute press clips, including print, audio, etc.
- Set up and comb through artist and gallery google alerts
- Liaise with the whole gallery team to share information about exhibitions and artists news
- Update and organise the index of contacts / database, shared with the whole gallery team
- Relational, editorial and synthesis skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Knowledge of contemporary art, its network and press media
- Fluent English, written and spoken; fluent Cantonese and/or Mandarin is highly preferred
- Versatility, dynamism and pugnacity
- Team spirit, sense of organisation
- Mastering the Apple universe, Adobe Suite, Office and major social networks
Salary shall commensurate with experience.
Full time position with double pay.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with ‘Communications Officer’ in the subject line.