Edouard Malingue Gallery was founded in Hong Kong in 2010 to build a critical dialogue between Asian and International contemporary artists, both emerging and established, who combine aesthetic concern with conceptual enquiry, and work across different disciplines from video and installation to painting and sound. In 2016 the gallery opened a second space in Shanghai, creating a wider platform of exchange for its roster of artists. In addition to presenting dynamic solo exhibitions, the gallery pushes the boundaries of art in public spaces and stimulates artistic discourse through collaborations with curators worldwide.
We are currently seeking a high calibre candidate to join our team as Assistant Manager and Archivist.
The candidate will be responsible for will be responsible for:
- providing support to management and realisation of exhibitions, art fairs, outside projects initiated by the gallery;
- assisting Gallery Manager and the team in all aspects regarding daily operation of the gallery;
- liaising between the gallery team and the represented artists;
- liaising between institutions, curators or press and the represented artists;
- managing and maintaining the storage, circulations and distribution on digital video files, including artworks, commissioned photography / videography materials, etc.;
- establishing a system on managing all digital archive and working documents for the gallery team as well as all artist’s materials, and supervising on the daily maintenance and organisation;
- establishing a system to categorize and storage the library collection and any sorts of physical archives;
- initiating research on the represented artists, in order to provide research support for the gallery team, and if necessary for artists, curators and institutions.
• More than 3 year’s working experience gained from gallery/art space/ auction;
• Solid experience in archive management/ project management/art research/ operation management/inventory management;
• Experience in coordination of exhibition is preferred;
• Fluent in both English and Chinese, good command of Mandarin is a must;
• Bachelor degree holder in Art/ Journalism/ business or any related subject.
Interested parties, please e-mail CV with cover letter stating date of availability, current and expected salary to [email protected]
All information received will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.