Gallery Assistant at Alisan Fine Arts
Work in a very established local art gallery in Hong Kong Island that focuses on Contemporary Chinese Art.
Gallery hours: Monday – Saturday, 10:00 – 6:00
Will report directly to the Gallery Director. Duties include but not limited to:
- Helping gallery director organize exhibitions.
- Helping in selection of works for exhibit, hanging, and framing
- Assist in installation and dismantling of the works
- Plan, organize, promote and market exhibitions.
- Writing press releases
- Assist in production of catalogues – mostly in writing essays and translations
- Writing quarterly newsletters
- Assist in Sales / Client relations:
- Develop and maintain good client relations by notifying potential clients of particular works and exhibits according to their interests
- Follow up with interested parties
- Maintain a good database
- Website and social media outlets:
- Manage various websites and social media platforms
- Help keep info up to date on all websites
- Post gallery happenings and newsletter
- Maintain general appearance of the gallery
- Make sure it is neat and tidy at the beginning and end of the day
- Help file and archive books and catalogues
- Fluency in English, Putonghua also strongly preferred
- Immediate availability
- Writing skills
- Dexterity in social media platform usage
- Minimum 2 years experience in an art gallery or related field (museum, arts organisation, arts NGO)
- Maintain smooth day to day running of the gallery
- Keep director up to date on all important details
- Since the number of staff in the gallery is not large, everyone is expected to pitch in and help each other when it is very busy.
- Flexible working hours are expected, especially during exhibitions and Art Fairs
- Traveling maybe required.
- Once a year stock taking is performed by all staff.
- Expected to keep up to date with industry developments and market trends
If interested, please send your CV, requirements and available start date to Pansy Chiu: [email protected]