Over the Influence was founded in Hong Kong in 2015 and expanded to Los Angeles in 2018, followed by Bangkok in 2021 and Paris in 2022.
The gallery represents an international roster of over thirty emerging and established artists who work in a diverse range of mediums and disciplines. Besides operating parallel programmes across locations, the gallery continues to expand its programme through art fairs, special projects and attaining museum exhibitions.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented, organised, and enthusiastic candidate to join our team as Registrar encompass a full range of registrar duties.
As part of the global team, the candidate shall be responsible for:
- Co-ordinate local and international shipments for gallery exhibition, art fairs, sales, loans and consignments
- Oversee exhibition and art fairs from budgeting, shipment, installation and production
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of artworks; resolve any condition issues with relevant team members
- Maintain database update, including prepare condition report, documentation and photography
- Responsible loan and consignment including generate agreements, monitor deadlines and oversee technical aspects
- Manage on-site and oﬀ-site art storage
- Oversee incoming and outgoing movement of artworks
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
You are required:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in Registrar or similar role at art gallery, auction house or fine art shipper
- Must have detailed knowledge of customs and tax regulations
- Possession of in-depth knowledge of registrarial best practices and procedures including knowledge of safe art handling and packing practices
- Proficiency in Art Logic Database and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
Located in Central area.
The working hours is from Tuesday to Saturday, 10 am to 7 pm with an hour lunch break.
Immediate availability is preferable.
Interested parties, please e-mail CV with cover letter stating date of availability, current and expected salary to [email protected]
All information received will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.