Puerta Roja has pioneered the promotion of established and emerging contemporary artists as the only gallery to specialise in Latin American and Spanish art in the region. Located in Hong Kong’s most up-and-coming art district, SOHO 189 Art Lane, Puerta Roja prides itself on having both a strong influence in the development of the local contemporary art scene as well as a growing footprint across Asia-Pacific. The gallery participates in the top international art fairs in the region, including Taipei, Seoul, Jakarta and Hong Kong.
- Provide hands-on support to the Gallery Owner and the Gallery Manager in the day-to-day operation, including planning and logistical support for exhibitions/fairs, gallery management, administration, web and systems development, supplier relationships as well as responsibility for specific strategic projects.
- Support and engage with clients during exhibitions and events and follow up on specific sales opportunities as a core member of the team.
- Strong written and spoken English skills required.
- Spanish and/or Mandarin /Cantonese highly valued.
- Strong degree from quality university essential with working experience in the art field or knowledge in art history or art theory highly desired.
- Minimum 3 days per week. Flexible schedule.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sociable personality.
- A good team player who is responsible, proactive and able to work under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator highly desired.
- Immediate available is highly preferred.
Preferred Compensation Method:
Stipend commensurate with experience. Opportunity to obtain a permanent position of Gallery Assistant with exceptional performance. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.