We are currently looking for an intern for VILLEPIN.
6 months minimum | Hong Kong
Shaped by Dominique and Arthur de Villepin’s passion for art, Villepin is a gallery created by collectors for collectors. Inspired by the founders’ own collections and profound knowledge of the Asian art market, Villepin offers a new gallery concept based on the art of collecting.
Through their experience building close friendships with artists, the father-son duo wish to share their expertise with fellow collectors by curating artworks that they themselves would love to collect, ultimately nurturing a unique model of collecting based on long-term relationships with artists and their estates or foundations. With their knowledge of the Asian’s art scene and strong commitment to Hong Kong, the new gallery program will exhibit work by some of the world’s most important artists, focusing on those whose work carries universal messages to demonstrate the power of art to build bridges and change lives.
Villepin prioritizes its personal relationships with artists and aspires to tell their personal stories through staging important exhibitions of their work, producing detailed publications and generating dialogue about collecting art with passion.
As the gallery assistant, you will work directly with the Gallery founders and the Directors, having a key role liaising with different departments and key stakeholders. Your ability to communicate and your strong team spirit will allow you to become an essential member of our company and ensure high level of customers and partners satisfaction.
• Staff the front desk and proactively welcome and liaise with visitors
• Maintain excellent understanding of ongoing exhibition
• Hold keys of the gallery and open and close the gallery as appropriate
• Handle phone and emails traffic, classification and assessment
• Calendar monitoring
• Visitors data collection
• Clients database management, classification and updates
• Monitoring and keeping artworks safe while the gallery is open
• Ensure tidiness of the gallery space
Sales and Marketing support:
• Conduct market research: Appraisal, market trends, artists
• Events, photoshoot and PR support
• Marketing and commercial deck presentations
• Business development
Willing to assist all colleagues with occasional general tasks as necessary
• Experience of working with the public in a visitor-facing role
• Excellent command of English and Chinese
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent team-working skills
• Good IT and MS skills (PowerPoint, excel, word)
• Friendly, helpful and enthusiastic disposition
• Flexible approach, willing to take on a variety of tasks
• Knowledge of and interest in Art