Established in Hong Kong in 2011, 3812 Gallery is recognised as the city's foremost gallery dealing in Chinese contemporary art. Launching 3812 Gallery firmly onto the international stage, in 2018 we opened the new flagship space, 3812 Gallery London, in the exclusive St James's arts district.
3812 Gallery is dedicated to fostering cultural understanding of Chinese contemporary art with "Eastern Origin and Contemporary Expression". We strive for establishing international dialogue and exchanges by uniting artists, academics, collectors and the general public through our thoughtfully curated art programme. We believe that this sharing of cultural identity is essential in the understanding and appreciation of Chinese contemporary art.
We are currently looking for an intern to join the Hong Kong team.
Intern (Full Time/ Part Time)
December, 2020 – March, 2021
- University students or fresh graduates with interest in art; degree in English / Translation / Communications / Journalism / Linguistics or art related is beneficial but not necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin are required.
- Experience of writing and editing preferable.
- Proficient in design software and video editing skills.
- Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and word processing.
- A good team player who is well-organized, result-oriented, independent, proactive, multi-tasking, with good attention to detail and able to work under pressure.
Scope of work:
- Support daily operation of the gallery and office, including but not limited to handling incoming calls, mailing, gallery tidiness, maintenance, third party liaison, etc.
- Assist in ad hoc assignments when required.
- Filing and data management.
- Website update.
- Proof reading.
- Maintain gallery/ office supplies (e.g. catalogues, reference books, stationery etc.).
- Assist in video shooting and editing for communications use.
- Assist in graphic design, including but not limited to artwork rendering, PPT, EDM and social media.
- Conduct research and assist in translating/proofreading communications materials.
If you are interested in taking part in the 3812 Gallery internship programme, please send your cover letter and full resume (writing samples or portfolio are welcome but not required) and available dates to [email protected] with ‘Internship Application’ subject line.
Visit www.3812gallery.com for more information.
*Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.