Artist Residency Abroad Funding Scheme
Founded in 2012, the Hong Kong Art Gallery Association (HKAGA) is a member-based non-profit organisation of established art galleries in Hong Kong.
One of the HKAGA’s main objectives is to reach out to support the local artist community. Through the Artist Residency Abroad Funding Scheme, HKAGA is committed to encouraging contemporary artistic practices through overseas experiences for Hong Kong artists. The scheme provides assisted funding for artists seeking their own artist residency programmes abroad. At the time of this application, the applicant should have been offered admission to a residency programme of choice. A personal art project abroad may be considered within a structured programme. The programme must allow the applicant to:
- gain a wider cultural understanding;
- pursue higher expertise in their area of art;
- develop broader practices in their area of art;
- interact with the international art community;
- bring these experiences back to HK where there will be a chance to exhibit.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- university graduate level or equivalent working experience as a practising artist;
- possess a strong commitment to being a career artist;
- demonstrate a unique personal style with innovation and creativity;
- have a well-documented art-making practice, with an exhibition history within non-profit / commercial spaces;
- permanent HKID Card holder.
All disciplines shall be considered, including:
- Visual Art
- Ceramics & Pottery
- Printmaking & Papermaking
- New Media
- Digital Art
- Performance Art
- Sound Art
Selection procedure & details:
Applicants must apply to their own artist residency programme. HKAGA only provides assisted funding, maximum HK$15,000 per applicant.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and should be submitted at least 1 month before the residency programme starts. There is no deadline.
Shortlisted candidates shall be interviewed by a selection committee, including HKAGA Board members.
Funding shall be provided upon presentation of receipts, not before.
Upon completion of the programme, the candidate shall present the accomplished work and submit a brief report (within 3 months).
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com.