ROSSI & ROSSI, HONG KONG
Full-time, Permanent - 5 days weekly, Monday–Friday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Ensure the overall safety, preservation, maintenance, and documentation of artworks on view, in storage, and on loan.
- Manage the gallery physical space and activities, including installation and deinstallation of artwork, opening and closing procedures and special events.
- Receive, catalogue and photograph newly delivered works; plan and organise exhibition-related movement of objects, including packing, shipping, and insurance for exhibitions as well as for incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Manage the database of inventory and digital images.
- Manage all aspects of artwork care, following and implementing accepted professional standards and practices.
- Maintain inventory records, database and labels; maintain files and archives.
- Coordinate with Rossi & Rossi London on the maintenance of internal databases.
- Responsible for logistics related to loans and traveling exhibitions, including documentation, condition reports, packing, shipping, and receiving.
- Administer loan forms and agreements and ensure adherence to established policies.
- Prepare and maintain all equipment needed for art fairs—toolbox and supplies.
- Coordinate Audio and Visual equipment needed for exhibitions.
- Organise and maintain gallery tools and equipment used for installation, repairs, conservation and storage.
- Establish object conservation priorities and plan/implement the safe storage of all works.
- Oversee monitoring of environmental conditions, including humidity and temperature.
- Assist in preparing proposals and applications for fairs and special exhibitions.
- Proper packing of artworks and maintenance of packing supplies.
- Liaise with shippers and manage off-site storages.
- Oversee local deliveries and off-site hanging when required.
- Coordinate framing and delivery of artwork to and from framers.
- Repair and paint gallery walls between exhibitions.
- Train and supervise part-time staff and and/or interns performing related work.
- Complete a bi-annual inventory report for the management team.
Bachelor's degree in art, art history, museum studies or related field and/ or experience as an Art Handler, Registrar or Collections Manager or comprehensive studio experience.
- Fluency in Cantonese and English.
- Proficiency in photography and working with photographic equipment, digital file maintenance and photo-editing software.
- Proficiency on Mac platform and related software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds, standing/walking an average of four (4) hours per day.
A successful candidate should have a strong work ethic, an eye for detail, understanding of art handling, packing and storage, knowledge of photography equipment, willing to dedicate additional hours during exhibition installations and have a positive attitude about performing many kinds of tasks on a demanding schedule.
Cover letter, resume and letter of reference may be sent to: email@example.com